About the company:
Jugmug Thela is a popular casual dining cafe in Saket, New Delhi that caters to young customers. The cafe is known for its delicious food and drinks, as well as its cozy and inviting atmosphere. The company was started in 2013 and is now setting up to scale pan India.
Role & responsibilities:
Jugmug Thela customers return for hearty comfort food that the brand is associated with. Our selection of exciting new flavour and pairings in the menu excites the gourmands. With the future in mind, we want the new chef to co-create and execute a vision for food that combines this rustic wholesomeness and inventive excitement in the food we serve.
Usual Head Chef responsibilities include:
- Controlling and directing the food preparation process and any other relative activities
- Constructing menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings
- Approving and “polishing” dishes before they reach the customer
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
- Arrange for repairs when necessary.
- Remedy any problems or defects.
- Be entirely in charge of hiring, managing and training kitchen staff
- Oversee the work of subordinates
- Estimate staff’s workload and compensation
- Maintain records of payroll and attendance
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- 4-6 years of experience in a high-volume kitchen and in a leadership role preparing Italian and American-style food.
- Additional exposure to regional Indian and global cuisines is highly valuable.
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
- Ability to create SOPs, train and enforce them, and work with management team to measure performance.
- Outstanding communication ( both English & Hindi) and leadership skills.
- Exceptional proven kitchen management ability with the ability to divide responsibilities and monitor progress.
- HM graduate or similar with rigorous culinary training.
- Age 28 to 35 years old.
- Intolerance for poor kitchen habits, Get up and get things done attitude and persistent need to exceed set standards.
- A rewarding workplace where timely and efficient execution is valued, and due credit is given where earned.
- CTC/Remuneration of Rs. 40,000-60,000/pm
Benefits include Medical Insurance, PF, Service Charge etc.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org